02 November, 2016

The Edward II Musical; And I Talk On A Radio Show

If you're likely to be anywhere near New York this month, you really need to go and see this. My awesomely talented friend Erik Ransom has written and is starring in a musical about Edward II, More Than All The World. I soooo wish I could go and see it. It opens this Friday, 4 November 2016, and runs for sixteen days; you can buy tickets and get directions to the theatre (The Theater for the New City) at the link above. Yay, an Edward II musical! Best of luck to Erik, the director Rachel Klein, and all the cast and crew. Edward would love it. :-)

This coming Sunday, 6 November, I'll be taking part in a discussion about the battle of Bannockburn on the Irish radio station Newstalk. It starts at 7pm GMT and will go on for an hour, and the other participants are Professor Sean Duffy of Trinity College, Dublin, and Professor Michael Brown of the University of St Andrews. The station website is here, and the programme, Talking History, is here: there's a button in the top right corner called 'Listen', wherever you are on the site, if you'd like to hear the debate! Remember, 7pm to 8pm GMT this Sunday, 6 November. As far as I can work out - it's a little confusing as Europe went back an hour to winter time last weekend and I think in North America you'll be doing that this coming weekend - that'll be 2pm East Coast US time. (But please do double check the time difference!) It's also 8pm Central European Time.

4 comments:

Katarzyna Ogrodnik-Fujcik said...

Congratulations, dear Kathryn! :) I will do my best to try to listen to you as you talk...

Anerje said...

Exciting news! Can't wait to hear the radio show. Brilliant news about the musical - hope it gets good reviews and an extended run - and comes to London!

sami parkkonen said...

I bet Edward would have been involved in this production from the get go, perhaps acting the lead and certainly being a producer, interfiering with the warddrobe, display, casting and other stuff. He might have said something about the music too and would have wanted some jokes included. After all, who can forget the summersault, fart and whistle prank?

I certainly try to listen the radio show. I must.

Anerje said...

Listened to the Podcast of the show - really enjoyed it, and you put Edward's action at Bannockburn totally in context! Well done!